Since its inception in 2001, Delta Psi Sigma Sorority, Inc. has been dedicated to helping children. As both a social and service sorority, we have spent countless hours both fundraising hundreds of dollars each year and attending events to raise awareness to our national philanthropy, March of Dimes.
While March of Dimes is an organization that does a lot of research for premature babies and babies with birth defects, we have become aware of the fact that the money we give to March of Dimes – with the help of each and every one of you who has participated in our events and fundraisers – does not go mostly to the cause itself. Many of you have voiced this concern to us, and we are listening.
Delta Psi Sigma has been working hard for the past two years to find a new national philanthropy that we can take pride in representing and that those who help us will feel gracious giving to. The philanthropy we have decided to claim as our new national philanthropy is Convoy of Hope.
The mission of Convoy of Hope is to feed the world through children’s feeding initiatives, community outreaches, and disaster response. According to Charity Navigator, 90% of all monies Convoy of Hope raises goes to the programs and services that help fulfill its global mission of helping children and families in need.
Delta Psi Sigma Sorority, Inc. plans to hold events and fundraisers to show our strong support for Convoy of Hope. The money we raise will go to:
- Engaging the community where guests of honor receive free groceries, health and dental screenings, haircuts, family portraits, hot meals, and job-placement assistance.
- Nourishing nearly 150,000 children in 10 nations through nutritious meals, which opens doors for education, clean water, a sense of hope, and much more.
- Growing crops and providing impoverished farmers and families are equipped with the skills, tools and seeds to produce life-sustaining crops through the agricultural work.
- Responding to disasters throughout the world.
- Partnering and empowering like-minded organizations, who are doing good work among the poor and suffering in their communities.
Because March of Dimes has been Delta Psi Sigma’s main philanthropy since we were founded in 2001, we strongly believe in continuing to work with this philanthropy on a national level, because we still believe in creating a brighter future for these babies.
Thank you for understanding and we can’t wait to start working with Convoy of Hope and to continue working with all of you to honor our mission in helping others.
Arielle Lana LeJarde
National President, 2017-2018