CONVOY OF HOPE
As of 2017, Delta Psi Sigma’s national philanthropy is the mission of Convoy of Hope. Its mission is to feed the world through children’s feeding initiatives, community outreaches, and disaster response. According to Charity Navigator, 90% of all of its raised proceeds that Convoy of Hope recieves goes to the programs and services that help Convoy of Hope fulfill its global mission of helping children and families in need.
Convoy of Hope is a faith-based, international, humanitarian-relief organization that was founded in 1994 by the Donaldson family and is based in Springfield, Missouri. Their inspiration for starting the organization can be traced back to the many people who have helped their family after their father, Harold, who was killed by a drunk driver in 1969. Today, more than 80 million people have been served throughout the world by Convoy of Hope. Convoy of Hope works through churches, businesses, government agencies, and other nonprofit organizations to provide help and hope to those who are impoverished, hungry, and hurting.
Delta Psi Sigma Sorority plans to hold events and fundraisers to show our strong support for Convoy of Hope. The money we raise will go to:
- Engaging the community with signature events where guests of honor receive free groceries, health and dental screenings, haircuts, family portraits, hot meals, job-placement assistance and much more at our signature events.
- Nourishing nearly 150,000 children in 10 nations through nutritious meals, which opens doors for education, clean water, a sense of hope, and much more.
- Growing crops and providing impoverished farmers and families are equipped with the skills, tools and seeds to produce life-sustaining crops through the agricultural work Convoy of Hope conducts throughout the world.
- Responding to disasters throughout the world.
- Partnering and empowering like-minded organizations, who are doing good work among the poor and suffering in their communities.
March of Dimes
Since the chartering of Delta Psi Sigma’s Boston Associate Chapter, community services have been provided with the purpose to advance March of Dimes’ ‘March for Babies walk’ every year. 77% of every dollar that March of Dimes raises finances research to support neonatal intensive care units (NICUs), drug treatments to replace surgery for babies with common heart defects amongst other advances.
Delta Psi Sigma Sorority plans to hold various events in the upcoming future to show our strong support for March of Dimes.
The money we raise will go to:
- Research into stress and other factors that may trigger preterm labor.
- Programs to educate pregnant women to recognize the warning signs of preterm labor.
- Tools to help health care providers find better ways to detect women who may be at risk for preterm labor.